Okay, I figured I don’t necessarily have to complete these during summer, but as it’s currently mid May and with summer just around the corner, I thought why not? It’s a good time frame – summer doesn’t last forever and working with a dead line usually makes me DO IT!
I like the idea of new season, new bucket list. Just a few goals to keep me going, and something to look forward to. Everyone needs a little excitement from time to time.
The following list is completely random, with both wacky and simple ideas (hopefully I am able to achieve them all). Feel free to use these for your own bucket list too!
- Spend a day at Alton Towers – I’m a bit of an adrenaline junkie, so obviously this is at the top of the list. I know it’s not quite jumping out of a plane, but it’s the closest you can get to a thrill for a reasonable price.
- Get my ears pierced – yes, I am 20 and I don’t have them pierced. Although, I have had them pierced before. When I was around 6 I was play fighting with my friends and unfortunately, my earring got ripped out, leaving a nice, big scar. Now the scar is smaller I can get them re-pierced without the fear of tearing my ear lobe back open! Lush.
- Go strawberry picking – simple, yet effective. Can you think of a nicer way to enjoy the sunshine?
- Have a picnic – okay so this is also a good way to enjoy the sunshine. I plan on packing up the rucksack full of yummy treats and setting off on a hike, somewhere, anywhere. This also makes me think about having a BBQ…
- Visit London – there are so many things I’d like to do in London. I have been a gazillion times before, however I was younger and either can’t remember or didn’t do anything too exciting. I used to go for photography trips, but I want to go on the London Eye, visit the London Dungeons or see The Lion King in theatre or go to the zoo. There’s just a lot there that interests me, but I don’t think it could be done in a day.
- Read 5 books this summer – now you may be thinking ‘that’s not a lot’ but I honestly have no time these days, every day of the week is accounted for I don’t even know how. But I don’t think 5 books is an unreasonable amount. I love a good book and I may even put my reviews up, lucky you.
- Cycle around my nearest watersport centre – there is a beautiful, large lake that is gorgeous in the summer sun. It is perfect for an afternoon bike ride, or even just walking the dog. I will take my own bike, but my boyfriend doesn’t have one, good thing you can hire!
- Redecorate my bedroom – I have all of the stuff, I just need time to get it completed. I will be posting my new makeup vanity very soon, hopefully.
- Visit as many English seaside towns as possible – who doesn’t love the beach? I love going to different, new places so this is a goal I’m bound to achieve. I look forward to enjoying sugary donuts and fresh seafood and that salty sea air.
- Get on top of being healthy & exercising – now I know this one isn’t just for summer, nor should it have a deadline as being healthy should be a lifestyle. But, I really need to get into the swing of it, drop some pounds and get that glowing skin I’ve always wanted.
I did have a couple more ideas for my bucket list, however I’ve actually completed them! But here they are –
- Go to the Harry Potter Studios – as I have grown up with the movies and I am secretly a huge fan, I thought it was only right that I went to see how it was all made, and it truly is as magical as the films.
- GO-Karting! – I had a really big fear over wearing a helmet and getting my head stuck inside, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought, and there I had the fear of not being fast enough, or not being able to drive the karts (even though I can drive a car?) but it was so easy and really fun. The only word of warning I have is warm up first or something lol! You will ache for absolute days afterwards.
There you have it, just a few little ideas for you to take away and consider. Have fun!