Nails are the fundamentals of beauty. I think, anyway. It’s so nice to have a fresh, matching set of acrylics.
I’m going to share my experience and opinions on acrylic nails as I have had them for almost 3 years now.
I used to love my natural nails, they were naturally square in shape and I manicured them so well that I was often asked if they were fake.
But they were so high maintenance, and painting them took so long. Not only did it take ages to paint them, but they took ages to dry too – and don’t even bother painting your nails before bedtime because you’ll wake up with wrinkly, smudged polish.
There are many Pros and Cons to getting fakes, so before you try you should read these lists!
- They are beautiful long or short.
- Most places have colours you wouldn’t normally dream of! Its always nice to try something new.
- Obviously you don’t have to do the painting yourself, so just sit back and relax.
- You can have any shape you like – My favourite is ballerina/coffin style as seen in the photo above.
- If you’re careful they will last up to 6 weeks.
- They actually make you feel beautiful, confident and like you have your life together.
- They’re a better option for those who want long nails but their own aren’t strong enough.
- As much as people say they aren’t practical for everyday, you get used to them and if anything I find it harder without them.
- I’m fussy so when it comes to needing infills, I don’t, I just get a new set which is £25 a pop.
- When they need re-doing they can start to peel up, making washing your hair really difficult as your hand will always get stuck, so you have to rip half your hair out if you want your hand back.
- They don’t look attractive when they grow out.
- If you have them for a long time, your natural nails will become flimsy and take a long long long time to recover (which is why I will probably keep mine forever).
As you can see there are far more Pros than Cons. However, if you aren’t ready for the commitment or are pretty happy with your own nails then you can always try press-on nails which are perfect for a night out, but obviously won’t stay on as long.
I hope this helps you make up your mind!